Ah, Friday night. I just finished having some delicious wild Alaskan salmon at a wonderful restaurant on Alki Beach in West Seattle. Perfect way to end my week.
Here are some of the stories I’ve been reading this week:
- A family of four decided to try 100 days of “real food”, and now they are trying it again. Only this time, they are going to attempt to do it on a tighter budget. Very cool story and blog about their journey!
- We need those factory farms and Big Ag to feed the world, right? Scientists would disagree.
- May 14th is World Fair Trade Day. Participate by buying fair trade food! Theo Chocolate is one of my favorites and made right here in Seattle! I’ve also switched to using Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps, which also uses fair trade and organic ingredients.
- Ever wondered what buying fair trade really means? Remember, tomorrow is Fair Trade Day!
- Our nation is starting to take notice of the terrible food that is being served to our children at school. Looks like many school lunches are similar to those that prisoners are getting. In addition to the choice of greasy, processed “foods”, kids are eating about 1400 calories for lunch.
I would love to hear what you’ve been reading this week!